Monday 13 August 2012

My weekend

On saturday it was my mum's (54th - shhh!) birthday! And as I'm a little low on cash lately, I've made her presents and card this year.

I'll start with the coasters;

A couple of weeks back, mum bought a new table cloth, and personally I thought it looked a little bland. And out beige coaster didn't go with it at all anymore. This I when I started searching around for some coaster patterns online, and came across these! They were perfect. I made a few changes to the pattern, but nothing major, and started crocheting immediately :) The first took me nearly an hour to do (whilst watching Gilmore Girls), but by the end I was knocking them out every 20-25 minutes!




I needed something fancy to stand them on when they weren't being used, so my step-dad handily whipped up a little stand -



I'm actually very proud that I got them finished on time!
I was inspired when I saw One Sheepish Girl's embroidered journal page to start using embroidery on card/paper, so I jumped at this chance to use it! I drew my (simple) design onto a piece of card and eagerly got started, not thinking to take a photo of the design itself *sigh*.





It looks very plain and amateur-ish to me, but my mum liked it and that's all that matters :)

Now as this post is getting long, I'll limit the amount of pictures coming up.
On the sunday, for mum's birthday treat, we went on a very looooong journey to Chatsworth House. But when we got there, it was really worth it. It was beautiful!






And this picture has to be my favourite, even though it has nothing to do with the house itself!


I hope you had as good a weekend as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I'd love to hear what you think!