Sunday 5 August 2012

All work and no play.

Okay, I guess the Olympics and my birthday don't really count as "work", but they do take a lot of effort. Which means less effort can be spent on crafting! :(

Luckily, I did manage to find some me-time amongst all the craziness, and somehow ended up making a new phone case. I saw one on Instagram (of which, I am now addicted) by "usakichi07", and she/he had a picture of the pattern for the anchor (shown below).


Not sure where to start,  I adapted my pattern from one I'd seen by All About Ami. I made a chain of about 15 (I think) using a 3mm hook and White Smoothie DK wool. I crocheted (?) all around the chain to do a row (30 stitches). I did this for another three rows in white -


Then I joined in with a dark red for another three rounds to get the 'sailor' look:


And I just kept going and going until the case was big enough for my phone!


I then made the anchor in white wool (which I stupidly forgot to take a picture of) and then started to make a navy back drop:


Sorry for my nails, they looked atrocious, but I wasn't about to get nail varnish on my new case now was I? :P

So after sewing on the badge, which wasn't easy, I have a lovely new phone case with a slightly wonky anchor on that I have to admit - I'm proud of :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I'd love to hear what you think!