Thursday 19 April 2012

'Squishy' dough.. doh!

So whilst moping about on youtube, watching fimo charm tutorials and the like, I came across 'squishy dough'. There are lots of videos showing you how to make it if you search, and they all seemed to have good results. So I thought, why not? It's only a bit of oil, water and flour after all. I think I used a cup of flour and a 1/2 a cup of water and of oil. So there I am, forming two balls of dough, getting oil everywhere and generally making a mess, happily believing I would end up with two squishy balls that I could go on to make into a burger or whatever.


The two then go into the microwave for the recommended 20 seconds. I then left them for a day to cool down and dry out properly (also as suggested).

Let me just say, this did not work one bit. The dough balls didn't squish, more fell apart in my hands. It was awful. Whether my dough was too wet or oily or what I don't know, but I really really don't recommend it.

Squishy dough isn't that cool anyway...


Next time - Salt dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I'd love to hear what you think!